Monday, December 8, 2014

My dog is named Grimsey!

Hey Fam,

It's been an unbelievable week! We found out that there will be a mini moves on Wednesday. Elder Holden will be moving to Romerike and I will be joining Elder Christensen here in Oslo. Our area will be closing after two weeks, but will probably open up again next transfer. We are a bit bummed, but the work is going great here!
Saturday may have been the coolest day of my mission!

We had some really awesome experiences. We had a sweet teach with this guy from the Congo and his Norwegian girlfriend. We taught an awesome lesson in which we talked a lot about authority and at the end of the lesson we gave the girlfriend a priesthood blessing for her injured back and the spirit was really strong! 

We did a street stand to invite people to the language class we are starting up. It's crazy how big Oslo is compared to the other places I have served. Felt like I was in NYC. There was this guy that wasn't happy about our street stand and stood with his bike blocking our sign for about 45 minutes. We all would try talking to him and he would just want to bash so we let him be. It got me pretty fired up, but I'm glad I kept my cool. Ironically I was reading in the scriptures the next day about how Christ tolerated everything without even opening his mouth. Turn the other cheek. 

God blessed us with another awesome teach after the street stand, though! This awesome Icelandic guy who moved here about 4 years ago! It was probably one of the most powerful teaches on my mission. He was asking us the most sincere questions and the spirit hit him so strong! I was able to talk to him for a while about Iceland and he said he is from Akureyri! Did we go there? He said he has been to Grimsey island and I told him that my dog is named Grimsey! He is so prepared! We had another teach that night with our progressor named Ørjan! He is the nicest guy and is making good progress towards baptism!
It's been exciting to start using the "He is the Gift" video in our proselyting! We got into several houses by just asking if we could show them the video! If you haven't seen it yet it is on christmas.mormon.org. It's been a great motivation to really focus on being a Christ centered missionary.
One nice thing that is nice about serving in Oslo is that we have access to this Young Adult Center right in the middle of the city. It has a huge kitchen, couches, ping pong table, etc. Institute is held there as well as other activities. It is a great place to teach investigators and there are tons of young members that are there all the time!
It is starting to get colder and looking like Christmas! I appreciate all of the love and support! It keeps me warm :)
Love,
Eldste Parkinson

Isaksen family and Hisam

Kongsberg

Emmanuel -- love this guy!

Winter is here