Wednesday, December 24, 2014

GOD JUL!

A really quick note because I will be talking to you tomorrow on skype! It has been really cool to experience the Christmas season as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! Every Christmas I remember has followed the same tradition of family, food, presents, etc. Being away from all that for the first time has allowed me to really contemplate the true meaning of Christmas and the role Jesus Christ plays in my life. I am grateful for my testimony of the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ! I am grateful for the opportunity I have to spread this glorious message to the people of Norway! On Sunday there was an awesome talk about the "Condescension of Christ:" A super big word. "Nedlatenhet" in Norwegian. As big and strange of a word as it is, it really helps explain Christ's role in our lives. God's son, who came into the world without sin, went below all we will ever experience and fathom in order to lift us all back to our Father in heaven. We watched a movie last night about the Nativity and it was interesting to think about how the Son of God, the King of Kings, was born in the lowest of conditions, amongst livestock. How grateful I am for His life and his sacrifice! 

The members are taking great care of us! We have dinner appointments lined up all this week! I appreciate the letters, packages, and prayers that have come my way! 

God Jul!

Love, 
Eldste Parkinson