Saturday, March 15, 2014

Til Norge!

I'm sending a quick note to say that I am all set to leave Monday at 7 am! It's been a great last week. My teachers shared some really inspiring messages with me and I really enjoyed in field training yesterday.
A quick spiritual thought before I head. I'd have to say the biggest lesson I've learned at the MTC is the importance of being humble. I talked with one of my teachers this week about the story of Enoch. Enoch, was a "young lad" who felt very inadequate about his calling and his abilities. But, by submitting his will to God his weaknesses were strengthened. I think this verse speaks for itself.

 13 And so great was the afaith of Enoch that he led the people of God, and their enemies came to battle against them; and he spake the word of the Lord, and the earth trembled, and the mountains fled, even according to his command; and the rivers of water were turned out of their course; and the roar of the lions was heard out of the wilderness; and all nations feared greatly, so powerful was the word of Enoch, and so great was the power of the language which God had given him.

Can't wait to get out there! I have a calling card so I'll try and call from Dallas. Congrats to Christopher on his mission call! What a unique place!

Love,
Elder Parkinson

PS  The Skype lesson went really well! It was with a young couple that lives north of Oslo. Morten served a mission in Salt Lake a few years ago and his wife is a convert of 2 years. Morten had a strong dialect (He's originally from Stavanger), but I still managed to understand them both well. We talked for 45 minutes and they were very nice and complimentary! They said they will have me over and give me delicious Norwegian food if i serve in their ward!

The 4th and 5th companions -- Elder Heinricks and Elder Conatti! Jeg elsker dem!

My Teachers! -- Brother Bartholomew (on left) and Brother Smith! So grateful for all they taught me!