Monday, November 24, 2014

Moves Call! AND….

HEY FAM!
I cannot believe Hannah is home! I was going to send this to her mission email because it has become so natural. Congrats on an awesome 18 months!
In other news, moves call was this week! AND....I am going to Oslo to open up a new area! Complete surprise. I thought I was going to have one more transfer in Kongsberg, but I am going to the capital city! My new comp is going to be elder Holden, who only has one transfer left! Way solid missionary that is also from the Midwest so I am excited to tear it up with him! I'm going to have so much to learn. Lots of energy going into this transfer, but at the same time it is very bittersweet. I've come to love the people in Kongsberg and the members in the Drammen Ward. Because Kongsberg is so small I have come to know pretty much everyone. Whether it's the Library ladies, grocery store workers, or the old man named Dagfinn I say good morning to each day as he smokes his pipe on his same bench. I will miss it!
It was a special last week though. I think the highlight for me was teaching this man named Emmanuel. I need to tell you his story. Back when I was with Elder Skøien, we were one day walking up a hill to an appointment with a member. We were running late and I had on some tunnnel vision. Out of the blue this guy contacts ME in english asking us what we do. I told him about the Book of Mormon for about 2 minutes before telling him we had to run to an appointment. We got a phone number, taught him the next morning, and one more time that same week. Then, he got way busy and had some tough things happen in his life. I probably banked on his door 20 times in the last 2 months and we were never able to teach him and every appointment we got fell through. This past week we were finally able to come inside and had an incredible teach! Emmanuel is a truth seeker and the spirit testified to him time and time again in that lesson! 
We visited a lot of members this week and were able to regain contact with quite a few investigators. Elder Abril will be staying put in Kongsberg and will do awesome things! He has developed skills so fast and definitely taught me more than I could ever teach him. Training was a great experience.
A bunch of missionaries gathered together today and we had a good old American Turkey Bowl! We'll be having a get together tonight with members and some investigators in Kongsberg! I'll attach a bunch of photos!
Love,
Eldste Parkinson

Biskop Waal! 

​The awesome Ward Mission Leader Glenn and Fam!

Thought I would forward a photo the Isaksen family sent me! They have taken great care of me!

Drive to Tønsberg!

Sister Isaksen brought us back all this from Sweden! Props to having a Svensk companion. Meatballs included!
The awesome Nystad family! Go Pack go!