Monday, April 6, 2015

Back in Drammen



AYY FAM!

It's been a bittersweet week! Leaving Oslo was hard, but I don't think there is a place I'd rather go then the sweet city of Drammen! Even though we didn't have regular church this week, it was fun to run into a bunch of members I knew from before! It's a ward that missionaries are dying to come to because of how great the work is going here and how strong the members are. I'm grateful and humbled by this new challenge! 

We are working right now with a very recent convert that is from Iceland! She was baptized here a few months ago and we have started teaching her two boys! Awesome kids and an awesome family! 

Being Easter this week the work was pretty hard. In Norway, as I probably mentioned last year, everything shuts down for about a week around Easter. Most people use the time to travel, which can make it really hard to meet with investigators and find new people. Even today all the shops and stores are closed. 

We've got basketball going down here in Drammen too! The Drammen ward is also really into Soccer and we went out and played with a bunch of members today for Pday. I realized how little soccer I have played in my life and I got worked pretty good haha. 

Other than that, we've got a car! Maybe that will help me put some weight back on this transfer. It's nice being able to adjust to an area so fast and just put the whole focus on the missionary work right from the get go. 

I really enjoyed General Conference and all the testimonies that were shared of Jesus Christ and the Atonement. Because we are bearing our testimonies so much as missionaries it can be easy to overlook the importance of Christ's atonement and even take it for granted in a way. I'm grateful for the opportunity we all had this past week to remember Christ's atonement and the hope and peace that this brings to our lives. I am grateful for living prophets today that testify of Him and teach us things that will help us to follow His footsteps. Everything we teach really is just an appendage to the fact that Christ died for us and resurrected on the 3rd day. I know that repentance and sincerely turning towards our savior Jesus Christ is the most fulfilling and rewarding thing we can do in our lives. 

Have a great week!
Love,
Eldste Parkinson


Snow!
Playing Pool
MMK Ben and his wife